On the tundra-covered northern slope of Alaska, the sun can disappear for months at a time, leaving temperatures dropping to chilling negative double digits.
But just because the sun goes down, doesn’t mean the work stops. As an oil, gas and mining hub, the North Slope is home to some of the world’s largest industries. But if you’re running a project in the Arctic this winter, there’s some essential equipment you’ll need to keep your project safe, on budget, and on time.
When you’re navigating some of the harshest weather conditions in the world, make sure to check out our guide on the high-performance, durable equipment you need to tackle any job.
Get winter-ready with essential equipment. Call our team today.
Stop losing money from your equipment breakdowns and low-quality performance. At ESI, we provide a line of dependable, high-performing earthmoving machinery that increases efficiency and helps you get your projects done fast, even in sub-zero temperatures.
Whether you are excavating trenches, moving materials, or taking care of a demolition, our JCB earthmoving equipment is exactly what you need to tackle your next big winter project in the cold Arctic.
Check out our favorite and most reliable heavy equipment game-changers designed perfectly for the Alaskan-size projects:
- Skid-Steer Loader/Compact Truck Loader: A handy and versatile piece of equipment, our skid-steer loader comes in a compact size and with a variety of attachments making it just what you need for a variety of jobs.
- Excavator: Heavy-lifting jobs call for heavy-duty equipment. For major construction and mining projects, excavators can lift heavy objects, load up trailers with construction debris, dig a ton of dirt, and much more. With advanced hydraulic technology and a variety of attachments, our excavators have the durability you need to run your project day in and day out.
- Telehandler: Clear out snow and keep your job site clean and safe with a telehandler. An innovative and versatile option with an assortment of attachments, they have a load capacity of up to 12,000 pounds. This thing can do it all!
- Forklift: Perfect for handling rough terrain and icy Arctic conditions, a forklift will help you get what you need, where you need it.
- Wheel Loader: With high-performance engines, great fuel efficiency, and large wheels – scoop and move what you need in any condition with a wheel loader. Plus, heated side mirrors and functional systems keep the frost away.
Your job site needs a tough power source that won’t let you down, no matter how brutal the conditions. From high-quality options for extended run time and ultra-quiet technology, all of our Arctic-built generators are designed to reduce maintenance costs, increase engine life, and provide significant long-term savings.
Optimized with a fully winterized engine, Arctic-grade wiring, and durable winter coat finish, all ESI generators are high-performing in extreme weather. Here are a few of our favorite Arctic-built generators to keep your project running all winter long.
- ESI Alaska Re-Air Generator: Driven by a powerful Kubota diesel engine, ESI’s Re-Air Generator provides worry-free power generation all winter. Including a temperature-controlled engine compartment that regulates airflow in cold conditions, this generator has an efficient design that keeps your Alaskan project running all year long.
- Shindaiwa Generators: Shindaiwa generators are some of the toughest on the market. With a range of 48kW to 120kW dual-voltage generators, they are outfitted with superior technology to optimize performance in extreme weather.
- ESI’s Long-Run Oil Tank Generators: An innovative and unique generator with extended run option for crews working in extreme conditions, our LRT’s (Long-Run Oil Tank’s) extend oil change intervals to 3,000 hours!
When you’re out on a project on the freezing slopes, it’s likely your crew won’t have access to any central heating. And that makes having reliable and durable industrial heaters an essential piece of project equipment.
With temperatures dropping to negative double digits, your industrial heater needs to be able to withstand extreme conditions and temperatures, all while providing powerful heat and thawing capabilities.
Designed to provide long-term continuous service in the severest winter conditions, there’s no better place to find industrial heaters that are built Arctic tough for all your job site needs.
- ES700: Our #1 selling, and Alaska-made, industrial heater in the oilfields on Alaska’s North Slope, ES700 uses an indirect-fired air heater as an efficient way to heat areas with extreme temperature changes. Delivering a maximum output of 770,000 BTU/hr at 4000 CFM for up to 37 hours between refuels, ES700 is ideal for construction and mining sites.
- Thaw Boss: A hydronic industrial heater, Thaw Boss exceeds the competition in heat output, thawing capabilities, fuel efficiency, and durability. An energy-efficient way to handle 5,000 feet of ground thaw quickly, Thaw Boss has a 55-hour runtime at max output that makes it perfect for construction, mining, oil, and gas industries and locations.
- Sensor Safe Heater: Ensuring superior safety standards for your job site, the Sensor Safe Heater comes with advanced safety features like explosive gas detection. This makes it safer even than flameless heaters, with the same proven reliability you can expect from ESI-designed and built heaters.
At ESI, all our industrial heating products have been designed, manufactured, and tested in Alaska for Arctic tough durability and weather resistance in the most extreme conditions. If you are looking for high-performance, durable equipment that is sure to bring the heat in even the most extreme conditions, check out ESI’s range of Alaskan-made industrial heaters.
With a line of Arctic tough pumps driven by reliable, high-performance Kubota engines, ESI has all your pump solutions for frigid North Slope projects. All systems and fixtures on our pumps are heavy duty and able to withstand ambient temperatures as low as -50°F.
Some features that our pumps feature include a built-in fuel tank and liquid tank with 100% containment, an emergency shutdown switch for enhanced safety, a waterproof junction box, an onboard battery charger, and a lighted Ashcroft control panel to gauge hydraulic and pump pressures.
Check out some of our favorite frigid weather and high-quality pumps:
- Triplex Pump: A mobile, self-contained unit that is designed and built for extreme environments, our Triplex Pump is the number one pump on the North Slopes of Alaska. With innovative control solutions for increased safety and ease of operation, you won’t go wrong with a Triplex Pump.
- Arctic Enclosure Pump: The industry-leading 6” pump, ESI’s Arctic Enclosure Pump is the perfect solution for cold weather operation. With an engine fluid containment standard and heater ducting connection, it is designed for easy freeze protection in Arctic temperatures.
Equipment Source, Inc. (ESI) was born on the North Slopes of Alaska, and all our equipment is designed to operate reliably at extremely low temperatures and frigid weather operations.
If you’re thinking about upgrading the equipment on your job site, you should talk to our team, we’d love to hear from you. We’ll be able to talk you through the existing range as well as all the customization options to ensure you find the exact machinery to suit your needs.
Get Alaska winter-ready with essential equipment. Call our team today.