Spring is in the air. We’re still getting those last few snowfalls (eighth winter, anyone?), but the temperature is slowly creeping back up and construction season will be upon us before we know it. If you’re planning a busy summer, it’s time to start ordering all the equipment you need to leap into action. Daylight in Alaska is a precious commodity so we’re here to help you make the most of it.
The experienced and professional team at Equipment Source, Inc. (ESI) will help you find the right machinery to get the job done, even in the toughest conditions. We are proudly Alaskan and we provide specialized equipment solutions for companies in the oil and gas, construction, aviation, telecommunications, mining, tourism, remote logistics, and emergency preparedness industries. Better yet, we can ship equipment all over the state. All you have to do is tell us what you need.
We’re also the sole distributor for the Kubota Tractor Corporation in Alaska, so we offer a full line of tractors, construction, equipment, utility vehicles, and mowers for sale in both Anchorage and Fairbanks. On top of that, if you’re looking for something heavier, we proudly vend a range of top-rated earthmoving equipment from JCB, which is one of the world’s top three equipment manufacturers. Stick with us because in a moment we’ll dive into some of the best-sellers.
Already heard enough? Contact us to talk to one of our sales representatives.
ESI is Alaska’s Only Kubota Dealer
Kubota is the leading distributor of under-120-horsepower tractors in the United States. It introduced its first tractor into the American market in 1969, filling a void for sub-contractor tractors, and it was an overnight success. It’s currently headquartered in Grapevine, Texas, with manufacturing facilities operating in Georgia and Illinois. There are currently more than 1,100 authorized dealerships around the country – but ESI is the only one operating in Alaska.
Alaska’s Best-Selling Kubota Products
- Excavator: These powerful compact excavators will help you get down to bedrock quickly, even in tight spaces. They have the maneuverability, power and reliability to deliver even in tough conditions. Kubota excavators combine outstanding utility with efficient operation to make sure your crew can keep working effectively while minimizing valuable downtime.
- Skid steer: If you want to work productively on surfaces where a wheeled machine just won’t do, then the Kubota compact track loader is your answer. They’re versatile enough to work in tighter areas, maneuvering easily around buildings and other equipment. There is a large assortment of attachments available, making this machine a great base for grapples, hammers, snow blowers, rotary cutters, graders, tillers, tree pullers and more.
- Cab Tractor: Kubota’s B50 Series takes compact tractor capability to the next level with user-friendly operation and outstanding productivity. Equipped with high-quality Kubota engines and transmissions, it delivers the extra durability and reliability you demand for a wide range of jobs such as mowing and light utility work. It’s durable, versatile, and comfortable.
- Open ROPS Tractor: Kubota’s Standard L Series takes power and performance to new heights. Combining horsepower and high-quality construction, this feature-packed compact tractor is perfect for small property owners – starting with how much you’ll look forward to using it every day. It will quickly become your favorite piece of equipment.
- Side x Side (Heated Cab): Keep your workers safe in cold conditions with the first utility vehicle to offer a factory-installed, climate-controlled cab – plus, the power of a 24.8 HP Kubota D1105 3-cylinder diesel engine, exclusive Variable Hydro Transmission (VHT-X) and standard 4WD. It comes with the standard two-year (1,000 hour) warranty.
Have questions about the Kubota products we vend and rent? Talk to our team today.
JCB Equipment in Fairbanks or Anchorage
JCB has been operating at the cutting edge of innovation for more than 70 years, but it remains a family-owned company. Its American manufacturing facility is based in Savannah, Georgia, supplying products to a network of 115 dealers in the United States and Canada. Here at ESI, we choose to vend JCB products because its commitment to quality matches ours. Take a look at the range.
Alaska’s Most Popular JCB Products
- Teleskid: The JCB Teleskid 3TD-8T compact track loader has a telescopic boom. It’s able to reach 60% further and lift 8% higher than any skid steer on the market. It can also dig to a depth of three feet, which is another industry first. It’s the only skid steer on the market to offer the advantages of vertical lift and radial lift in a single machine.
- Telehandler: JCB manufactures more than 30 different types of telehandlers, from compact models for accessing restricted sites to a 12,000-pound payload, 55 ft 9 in (17m) lift height machines all without DEF. This range epitomizes performance and productivity.
- Excavator: The JCB JS145 track excavator is engineered with exceptional strength, productivity, efficiency, comfort, safety and ease of maintenance. A closed box section revolving frame increases strength and reduces stress. It also makes these excavators highly resistant to impact damage. We’ve used strong parts too – premium industry standards in fact. Meanwhile, this excavator is powered by the highly efficient EcoMax Tier 4 Final compliant engine, offering superb productivity and reliability in all conditions.
- Forklift: The JCB Forklift TLT35D raises more than just loads. Its long reach allows for single side truck loading, saving you up to 50% loading space in congested yards. That space can, of course, be used to create pedestrian zones during loading. What’s more, its long reach also keeps operators clear of hazardous environments like furnaces or chemicals.
- Wheel Loader: The JCB 427 is designed to maximize efficiency and, with it, productivity. Built using the finest components – a Cummins engine, ZF transmissions and axles, and Rexroth pumps – the 427 will last the distance. It’s designed to perform to the max, with 158hp, 801Nm and a 264 l/min hydraulic circulation. It’s also safe, serviceable, and fuel-efficient.
Want to order new JCB equipment for the summer? Our sales team will be happy to help.
Specialized Equipment for Alaskan Jobs
We know that no two job sites are the same. That’s why we’re committed to finding solutions for every project, no matter how specialized the requirements. This month, our Fairbanks store got its first look at the JCB Hydradig, which is one of many unique solutions we’re proud to offer. It’s a wheeled excavator that’s had its engine, tanks, and ancillaries moved to the chassis to increase visibility, maneuverability, and serviceability. We’re excited to get our hands on this innovative product. It’s now available for qualified business rentals as well as in-person demonstrations.
ESI has the largest in-stock inventory of tractors and compact construction equipment in Alaska. Our team is here to help you find the tools you need to get the job done. In addition to our range of Kubota and JCB earthmoving equipment, we manufacture and sell a wide range of heaters, generators, pumps, and more. We’ve been working side-by-side with hardworking companies in extreme industries for more than 20 years, so we know that you need to hit the ground running. Sunlight is a precious commodity in these parts and we understand that you can’t afford downtime. Talk to us today to find solutions for your jobs, no matter how specific they might be.
Have questions? Stop by our stores, give us a call, or contact us online.